(Note: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, and we may be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links at no additional cost to you.)
Enjoy this Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe tonight. Not only does it taste yummy but it is loaded with protein and just the right amount of fat to leave you and your family feeling full and satisfied. Top off this delicious salad with a low-calorie dressing of your choice or even better, make your own dressing at home.
Servings: 1 salad, about 1/4 of recipe, Time: 5 minutes
- 8 cups romaine lettuce
- 4 cup shredded green cabbage
- 12 ounces cooked lean chicken breast, chopped into bit size pieces
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- 1 and 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 and 1/2 cups canned mandarin oranges in juice (look for sugar free canned)
- 1 and 1/2 cups sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 4 Tablespoons minced scallions
- 6 Tablespoons Fiber One Bran cereal (original flavor)
- 1 and 1/2 cups all natural sliced almonds
Place lettuce, carrots, and cabbage in a large salad bowl and toss.
Add asparagus, avocado, oranges and water chestnuts, and then top with chicken.
Sprinkle scallions, Fiber One, and almonds over salad.
Calories: 290, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrates: 28, Fiber: 13g, Protein: 29g
Bonus recipes: 6 Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes
Want more? Check out these other super delicious healthy chicken salad recipes below:
1. Curried Chicken Salad: The addition of curry powder gives this chicken salad a surprising kick. Only a small amount of mayonnaise is used (just two tablespoons). The creamy factor comes from nonfat yogurt, which also adds refreshing tartness. Tossing in red grapes at the end adds just the right amount of sweetness. (via Food Network)
2. Asian Chicken Salad: You won’t find even a hint of mayo in this tasty chicken salad. The star ingredient is ginger. The chicken is poached in chicken broth with ginger, coriander, scallions and carrot before being tossed in zesty ginger dressing. Serving it up in lettuce cups makes for an elegant app or main dish. (via Food Network)
3. Thai Peanut Chicken Salad: This sweet, crunchy chicken salad tastes like a mix between slaw and pad Thai. Instead of mayonnaise, the sauce is made of Greek yogurt, peanut butter, ginger, lime juice, and soy sauce. Mix it with Crock-Pot shredded chicken, veggies, cilantro, and peanuts for a super-filling lunch. (via Fit Foodie Finds)
4. Vegan Tofu “Chicken” Salad: No meat? No problemo. Swap it out for extra-firm tofu, then mix it with chicken salad classics such as celery and onion to replicate the taste. Raisins and almonds give it some sweetness and a little crunch. (via Eating Bird Food)
5. Dairy-Free Fiesta Chicken Salad: Mexican food that won’t leave you in a cheesed-out afternoon slump? Yes, please. This fiesta chicken salad gets its creamy texture from avocado and a kick from cayenne, cumin, and paprika. (via Bowl of Delicious)
6. Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad: Add some more greens to your chicken salad with this recipe, which starts with a bed of thinly sliced romaine lettuce. It’s bright and crunchy and topped with a light lemon-Dijon dressing. Crumbled bacon doesn’t hurt either. (via Diethood)